Photo by Johnny Guatto
In support of the President’s priority to reinvent undergraduate education at U of T, our portfolio reflects this goal within the University’s first-entry divisions through three interrelated pillars:
- Bay View Alliance Session on Flexible LearningThe Bay View Alliance is hosting a community conversation on Flexible Learning: Assessing Where We Are and Thinking Forward to Next Steps. This conversation will be hosted Thursday November 18, 2021 from 4:00 – 5:00 PM ET via Zoom (link below). Flexible Learning is a broad term with differing interpretations depending on institutional context. In […]
- U of T Joins Bay View AllianceThe OVPIUE is pleased to announce that the University of Toronto has recently been accepted as a member of the Bay View Alliance (BVA), a network of Canadian and American research universities working to address the challenges of building a culture that supports more effective teaching and enhanced student learning at institutional, divisional and department levels. The BVA is guided by three key principles: Significant […]
- QS Reimagine Education AwardsThe 2021 Wharton-QS Reimagine Education Awards are now accepting applications until October 3rd. These awards welcome application from faculty in the categories of outstanding research, employability outcomes, and internationalization. The Reimagine Education Awards are designed to offer universities a chance to shine a light upon their outstanding teaching initiatives.
- Plagiarism Detection Tool (PDT)The University’s current contract with Turnitin ends in 2021, and an RFP was required for any new contract for a plagiarism detection tool (PDT). While that process is ongoing, a revision has been made to the syllabus language required with the use of the University’s PDT. For several years Turnitin has been integrated into Quercus […]
- The 2022 Instructional Technology Innovation Fund (ITIF) Now Open!The 2022 Instructional Technology Innovation Fund (ITIF) is now open for applications. Deadline for applications is November 8, 2022. About ITIF:ITIF has two funding streams.ITIF’s two-tiered system is intended to provide opportunities for technology-mediated teaching and learning projects that explore and implement promising practices at different stages of their development and implementation, and creates a […]