Application & Eligibility
The Learning Education Advancement Fund (LEAF) program operates through a two-step application process for all grants, both Impact and Seed Streams:
- Submission of an Expression of Interest, including a consultation with the LEAF program team;
- Submission of a full application package.
Impact Grants are accepted once a year.
- Expressions of Interest must be completed between March and September.
- Full applications are due in early November.
Seed Grants are accepted twice a year.
- Fall Expressions of Interest are accepted between March and September. A full application is due in early November.
- Winter Expressions of Interest are due between February and March. A full application is due in mid April.
Note: All LEAF Expressions of Interest will be forwarded to the relevant Dean’s Office contact for teaching and learning initiatives to ensure divisional awareness and support of potential projects.
2021/22 Winter Seed Grants
- Expression of Interest Deadline: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- Full Proposal Deadline: Tuesday, April 11, 2023
2021/2022 Fall Seed & Impact Grants
- Expression of Interest Deadline: Thursday, August 31, 2022
- Full Proposal Deadline: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Proposals will be accepted from U of T faculty, staff and librarians with continuing appointments in the first-entry undergraduate divisions listed below.
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- University of Toronto Mississauga
- University of Toronto Scarborough
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Music
- Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education
- John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design
Faculty, staff and librarians with continuing appointments in other divisions may partner on an application with a member with continuing status from an eligible division, so long as the primary beneficiary of the proposal are first-entry undergraduate students.
Impact Grant Application Process