- Walls to bridges at U of T St. George: breaking new ground in the co-learning classroom
“[Wall to Bridges] brings together incarcerated and university-based students as classmates in…courses built around dialogue, collaboration, and critical thinking.” – Dr. Taylor & Dr. Davis Description This cross-unit collaboration in community-based, experiential learning sought to establish Walls to Bridges (“W2B”) programming at both Trinity College (in Ethics, Society & Law) and the Centre for Criminology […]
- The buildings and landscapes of Canada
Description This initiative aims to transform teaching and learning about the Canadian built environment across U of T campuses, divisions, and departments through the development of resources and partnerships allowing students to integrate the study of history with other disciplines through experiential learning. Working with cognate departments and supported through the Arts & Science Experiential […]
- Integrating problem-based learning in the high school science curriculum: a service learning opportunity for undergraduate science students
s project will provide undergraduate chemistry and environmental science students with an opportunity to engage in service learning by developing and implementing an educational program in the Peel District School Board (PDSB).
- University College experiential learning
This project will provide funding to engage sessional faculty in course development, experiential learning infrastructure cultivation, and pedagogical development beyond the regular labor exchange covered by regular teaching contracts.
- University of Toronto Outdoors (UTO): engaging place-based and expeditionary learning
This project seeks to enrich the University’s connection to its physical environment by developing a strong and immersive pedagogical practice in the humanities and social sciences around histories, cultures, and politics of its environment, through experiential learning.
- Integration of movement breaks into the undergraduate classroom: keeping students and instructors active and engaged
Under this project, we produced 8 3-minute videos to support the delivery of in-class movement breaks. Movement break videos consisted of stretches, light aerobic exercises, and mindfulness activities developed and led by certified fitness and mindfulness instructors.
- Bridging theoretical and practical learning with Riipen
The project enabled professors to develop experiential, work-integrated learning assignments across a range of disciplines and courses for undergraduate students by using a third-party platform, Riipen.
- Teaching and learning the science of data: statistics education at U of T during the data revolution
This project redesigned the undergraduate programs of study in Statistics at the University of Toronto through the implementation of sustainable learning experiences.
- Scholars-in-residence summer undergraduate humanities research residency
The project offers a full-time, 4-week residency to upper-level undergraduates during the month of May to work on Faculty-led research.