- Digital literacy and enriched learning: creating, curating and disseminating media rich learning modules
Description The pilot project will test the feasibility of a campus-wide initiative to assist instructors in the design and delivery of media assignments that can help students prepare their new knowledge for active use and dissemination through the creation, curation and promotion of course-based, media rich learning modules. Learning modules will be developed on topics including, […]
- Walls to bridges at U of T St. George: breaking new ground in the co-learning classroom
“[Wall to Bridges] brings together incarcerated and university-based students as classmates in…courses built around dialogue, collaboration, and critical thinking.” – Dr. Taylor & Dr. Davis Description This cross-unit collaboration in community-based, experiential learning sought to establish Walls to Bridges (“W2B”) programming at both Trinity College (in Ethics, Society & Law) and the Centre for Criminology […]
- Modernization of the undergraduate chemistry labs: integration of instrument data management into digital learning opportunities
“The LEAF funds are being used for equipment and personnel to connect analytical instruments to the network to make better use of student-generated spectral data by integration with online tools…” – Dr. Andrew Dicks Description This project is designed to promote students’ communication, collaborative, and analytical thinking skills, while better aligning their laboratory experience with […]
- The buildings and landscapes of Canada
Description This initiative aims to transform teaching and learning about the Canadian built environment across U of T campuses, divisions, and departments through the development of resources and partnerships allowing students to integrate the study of history with other disciplines through experiential learning. Working with cognate departments and supported through the Arts & Science Experiential […]
- Revitalizing and Expanding the Preparing for University Mathematics Program (ePUMP)
Description This project proposes to revitalize the Revitalizing and Expanding the Preparing for University Mathematics Program (ePUMP) with two components: an updated on-campus course, and a series of online modules that any incoming or current student can access online. Division(s) Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Arts & Science; Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering Project […]
- Scaling up of proactive online interactive support and accelerated academic English development using Vocabulary Expansion Accelerator (VEA) for English-language learners (ELL) and others with similar academic English needs
empower our students to self-train using their respective course readings and self-assess their vocabulary progress towards the goal of achieving competency in the 10,000 word family.
- Interdisciplinary curriculum alignment and pedagogical collaboration through communities of practice and learning
Description The Department of Mathematical and Computational Sciences (MCS) is comprised of three related disciplines: Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics. Each discipline has recently begun extensive curriculum mapping and renewal initiatives, creating a unique opportunity for interdisciplinary collaboration. Our project will drive the creation of new interdisciplinary courses and programs which align with well-integrated curriculum […]
- Integrating problem-based learning in the high school science curriculum: a service learning opportunity for undergraduate science students
s project will provide undergraduate chemistry and environmental science students with an opportunity to engage in service learning by developing and implementing an educational program in the Peel District School Board (PDSB).
- Assignments across disciplines: a digital assessment resource and community of practice
The aim of this project is to create a community of practice (CoP) focused on assignment design that will build and sustain an open-access educational online resource to support student writing across the disciplines.
- A drone-based remote sensing system to enhance undergraduate education
This project will purchase an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV or drone) and an attached multispectral imager for undergraduate education at the Koffler Scientific Reserve (KSR).