- Digital literacy and enriched learning: creating, curating and disseminating media rich learning modules
Description The pilot project will test the feasibility of a campus-wide initiative to assist instructors in the design and delivery of media assignments that can help students prepare their new knowledge for active use and dissemination through the creation, curation and promotion of course-based, media rich learning modules. Learning modules will be developed on topics including, […]
- Developing game-based learning approaches for undergraduate geoscience education
Description Game-based learning is an innovative teaching approach that promotes student engagement and active learning within a safe classroom environment. Our proposed project involves: Creating game-enhanced learning environments using commercially-available discipline-specific cooperative board games in undergraduate Earth Sciences courses Student-led development of a new board game to enhance Earth Science education via gamified mineral exploration Thorough assessment of learning outcomes to […]
- Scaling up of proactive online interactive support and accelerated academic English development using Vocabulary Expansion Accelerator (VEA) for English-language learners (ELL) and others with similar academic English needs
empower our students to self-train using their respective course readings and self-assess their vocabulary progress towards the goal of achieving competency in the 10,000 word family.
- The virtual mystery: engaging students in large courses with an online hybridized problem-based learning project
This project includes a series of online hybridized problem-based learning cases that self-release weekly photos and clues to groups of 5-10 students through the Learning Management Engine (LME) and facilitate collaboration between student groups to develop critical thinking
- PIPS (Puzzles in Political Science): an academic module bank for political science courses
problems within Political Science to encourage a Problem Based Learning (PBL) approach.
- A drone-based remote sensing system to enhance undergraduate education
This project will purchase an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV or drone) and an attached multispectral imager for undergraduate education at the Koffler Scientific Reserve (KSR).
- Teaming up to re-imagine large-class education: Cross-discipline and course cases with in-class student group work and innovative immediate feedback assessment
The goal was to develop and assess a novel cross-disciplinary and interactive model for teaching large classes through video case studies.