- Diversifying astronomy: Introducing Indigenous astronomy and sky lore into the astronomy classroom
The program will develop a methodology to incorporate Indigenous knowledge into astronomy courses while honoring Indigenous cultures and peoples.
- Helping U of T students through proactive coaching
LEAF funding helped support a 5 year effort to better support first year Economics students in their academic achievement through proactive coaching.
- Integration of movement breaks into the undergraduate classroom: keeping students and instructors active and engaged
Under this project, we produced 8 3-minute videos to support the delivery of in-class movement breaks. Movement break videos consisted of stretches, light aerobic exercises, and mindfulness activities developed and led by certified fitness and mindfulness instructors.
- Bridging theoretical and practical learning with Riipen
The project enabled professors to develop experiential, work-integrated learning assignments across a range of disciplines and courses for undergraduate students by using a third-party platform, Riipen.
- Teaching and learning the science of data: statistics education at U of T during the data revolution
This project redesigned the undergraduate programs of study in Statistics at the University of Toronto through the implementation of sustainable learning experiences.
- Self-paced mastery-learning pilot project in computer science
We proposed to develop a self‐paced mastery‐learning version of our introductory programming course at the University of Toronto.
- Teaming up to re-imagine large-class education: Cross-discipline and course cases with in-class student group work and innovative immediate feedback assessment
The goal was to develop and assess a novel cross-disciplinary and interactive model for teaching large classes through video case studies.
- The Virtual Mystery Project (phase 2): the Virtual Mystery custom web tool
The Virtual Mystery (VM) project is an online hybridized problem-based learning (PBL) teaching tool that self-releases weekly clues with images to engage small student groups in collaborative active learning within large courses.
- Scholars-in-residence summer undergraduate humanities research residency
The project offers a full-time, 4-week residency to upper-level undergraduates during the month of May to work on Faculty-led research.
- Advancing biomedical discoveries through experiential and integrated learning
Two pioneering collaborative courses […] developed to introduce biomedical research through an innovative lens. – Dr. Michelle Arnot Description Two pioneering collaborative courses were developed to introduce biomedical research through an innovation lens. JPM300H – Research Readiness and Advancing Biomedical Discoveries and JPM400Y – Biomedical Incubator Capstone Project was developed by the Departments of Pharmacology […]