The Larry Enkin Innovation in Teaching with Simulation Award
Division : Factor–Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
Type : Graduate Education, Practicum / Simulation / Clinical
To advance the use of simulation, the FIFSW Toronto Simulation Model aims to support the development of cutting-edge simulation-based learning in social work education and in related human service and health professions. To achieve this aim, FIFSW has established The Larry Enkin Simulation Award to recognize innovative projects.
Simulation teaching and learning projects will be assessed using the following criteria:
- The topic area of the simulation is relevant for social work;
- The simulation fills a gap in the delivery of social work education;
- The development and implementation of the simulation is innovative and creative;
- The simulation reflects the Toronto Simulation Model, addressing multiple elements in the model;
- The simulation is being disseminated through publications, presentations, and materials for other educators;
- Evaluations and/or feedback from MSW students, PhD students, and other collaborators attest to the impact of this learning method.
Award recipients will be acknowledged on the Simulation webpage and relevant materials related to the simulation will be housed in the Simulation Library section of the webpage.